No, the DNA is not set up as a tax-exempt membership organization.
Cards are sent out by our membership committee and generally arrive 1 to 2 weeks after payment has been received.
There is not a limit for most socials. Please make sure you register each of your employees for an event on EventBrite so that we can get the correct count and have them with a name tag available at the event check-in table. You can register them at: http://rsvp.desmoinesdna.com. Select Business Member employee as ticket type.
Business Members should send their logo in the following format to: [email protected]:
- size: 300 pixels by 300 pixels
- format: PNG preferred, but JPG/JPEG is acceptable
- background: can be filled with white, black or left transparent.
If you need assistance in getting your logo in the correct format and size, please contact Larry Bradshaw with Think Different Designs, he should be able to assist you.
You can email: [email protected] and someone from our Membership Committee will respond to you within 24-48 hours.
Please visit our Get Involved page for more details.
Membership cards expire on the last calendar day of the month that they are up for expiration on.
We offer a variety of memberships to both individuals and businesses in downtown Des Moines and the greater Des Moines area. Visit the Membership page for more information.
Our boundaries are defined as:
The boundaries of the Downtown Neighborhood Association are: Ingersoll Avenue (West of 14th Street), High Street (between 14th Street and 6th Avenue) and Grand Avenue (East of 6th Avenue) on the North, the Raccoon River on the South, the Des Moines River on the East, and 18th Street on the West. View Map
We work on the balance of keeping our members informed and keeping mind of not sending to many emails. Generally you would only receive about 2 to 3 emails a month from us regarding socials and maybe a quarterly email about general membership information as needed. You can control which emails you choose to get my click on the link in one of the emails sent out that takes you to your email subscription page. From that page you can choose to opt-out of any of the following 5 emails:
- General Membership Information
- DNA Newsletter, sent quarterly or bi-annually
- DNA Social – Save the Date – this email advises you as soon as we announce the next booked social outing so that you can get the date on your calendar
- DNA Social – 10-Day Reminder – this email goes out 10 days prior to the next social to remind you of the event
- DNA Social – 24-48 hour Reminder – this email goes out the day prior to the event to remind you of the event
The DNA will not give or sell your name or address to any third party without your advance approval. Our Privacy page provides more details on this.